Governor Corzine announced his FY09 budget proposal today and the arts lost $5.9 million. It only took 5 years to get that much–a lot of blood, sweat and tears. Now we have to prove all over again that the arts are important to New Jersey residents. We can do that–the arts ARE important, and we are part of the solution, not part of the problem. The arts are an industry that contributes to the economy and the state revenue source (from the Hotel/Motel Occupancy Fee)is not only “certifiable,” and “renewing,” but it’s GROWING, too! We just can’t seem to get our share of the growth!!!
This Governor wants to solve the problem once and for all. Man, it is TIME! We are tired of the see saw, roller coaster and bait and switch. The games are over. Let’s get this debt restructured so we can enjoy a healthy arts community, and BE proud that our State finally turned that corner!
About UsArtPride NJ works to increase awareness at local, state and national levels for funding, support and recognition of the arts as vital to New Jersey's quality of life, education and economic vitality.
Find out more at artpridenj.com
- Lucie Bilodeau (Канада) / luciebilodeau.com / #artissimo #Canada vk.cc/2T0YLc 2 years ago
- Anne Bachelier (Франция) / annebachelier.blogspot.ru / #artissimo #france vk.cc/2SUy4h 2 years ago
- Michael Parkes (США) / theworldofmichaelparkes.com / #artissimo #USA vk.cc/2SSJxN 2 years ago
- Mike Jakson (Великобритания) / mikejacksonart.co.uk / #artissimo #UK vk.cc/2SP3vh 2 years ago
- Darryl Trott (Австралия) / landsboroughgalleries.com.au/category/19/de… / #artissimo #australia vk.cc/2SJPmh 2 years ago
Sort by Date
Sort by Author